Old 20-09-2006, 03:23 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

Default Is it too late to introduce koi to a pond

Earlier this summer our well established pond was poisoned with
detergent - all very amusing for the perpetrator as the foam was
massive and we got complaints from the neighbours about it.

I've left it 4 months after a full clean out and refill, and am
wondering whether I could restock now or leave it till the spring ?

Rob

Old 27-09-2006, 09:01 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

I would run a few feeder goldies in it over the winter to see if the
toxins are gone. It is very hard to get rid of detergent. A mild
bleach solution will neutralize it, but might harm your seals if left
on too long.
Rob G wrote:
Earlier this summer our well established pond was poisoned with
detergent - all very amusing for the perpetrator as the foam was
massive and we got complaints from the neighbours about it.

I've left it 4 months after a full clean out and refill, and am
wondering whether I could restock now or leave it till the spring ?

Rob

Let me introduce myself.......I am the Great Koi Lo the Ho' of usenet groups Koi-Lo Gardening 9 05-06-2006 07:54 PM
How late is too late? ZeroWing North Carolina 3 20-06-2005 01:24 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too little water???? Brad and Julie Vaughn Lawns 9 04-09-2003 01:22 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 02:04 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 04:24 AM