Old 19-01-2007, 11:56 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

Default Pond capacity - help needed

I 'inherited' a pond full of fish when I bought our house last year. One of
the fish has developed an ulcer and I have got Bacteradd but the pond is
shaped like a footprint without the toes and I have no idea how to calculate
it's capacity in order to measure the dose. Can anyone help me with a
formula or something?

Thank you very much.

Old 20-01-2007, 12:49 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

I wish I could help you there, I have downloaded lost of information on
pond keeping and will look to see if I have anything on it.... Is
this fish a very large fish? You might also do a salt bath but you do
have to consider the size of the fish. Picking them up out of the
water places a lot of weight on their systems. Good luck!!

Old 22-01-2007, 12:29 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

A way to "guess" the capacity of the pond is to measure the length and width
of the pond and find their average. This number could approximate a
diameter; divide by two to find a radius. Measure the depth at a low point
and high point and average. Multiply radius times radius times 3.14 times
the depth to find volume. You will have to find a conversion from cubic
feet or inches or whatever to gallons. I don't remember that conversion.
Carolyn

Old 27-01-2007, 10:18 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

On Jan 19, 5:56 am, "Julia Royce" wrote:
I 'inherited' a pond full of fish when I bought our house last year. One of
the fish has developed an ulcer and I have got Bacteradd but the pond is
shaped like a footprint without the toes and I have no idea how to calculate
it's capacity in order to measure the dose. Can anyone help me with a
formula or something?

Thank you very much.

OH yah 1 cubic foot holds 7.481 u.s.gallons so
actual cubic feet

times 7.481 =

actual u.s.gallons
dont mention it happy calculating and dont let anyone
take your

energy!!!!
from the man of mostly dirt and water the muddy
mudman SCOTT

What capacity water tanks do I need? Tom Australia 9 19-10-2011 10:08 PM
Oxygen releasing capacity of trees br945 Plant Science 1 28-10-2009 02:40 PM
Pump Capacity Cheryl and Rob Ponds 3 16-07-2005 06:17 PM
Question about Buffering Capacity in pond! Webwarlock Ponds 12 26-05-2004 09:14 PM