Old 17-04-2003, 01:20 PM
barry

Default Leaky Pond

I have made a pond out of bricks &concrete,coated it with aquaseal bitumen
out of B&Q .is there some sort of plastic paint I can use as the bitumen
is:not very good .or anything else.thanks Barry Mcfaite

Old 24-04-2003, 09:08 PM
IAN GARDNER

"barry" wrote in message
I have made a pond out of bricks &concrete,coated it with aquaseal bitumen
out of B&Q .is there some sort of plastic paint I can use as the bitumen
is:not very good .or anything else.thanks Barry Mcfaite

Sorry I cannot help but..... your mean`t to coat concrete in a product like
`G2`. This is like a sort of fibre glass. I don`t know what would stick to
bitumen!

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER

Old 25-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Simon Avery

"IAN GARDNER" wrote:

Hello IAN

I have made a pond out of bricks &concrete,coated it with
aquaseal bitumen out of B&Q .is there some sort of plastic
paint I can use as the bitumen is:not very good .or
anything else.thanks Barry Mcfaite

IG Sorry I cannot help but..... your mean`t to coat concrete in
IG a product like `G2`. This is like a sort of fibre glass. I
IG don`t know what would stick to bitumen!

Bitumen's very effective but I don't think it's too good for animal
life.

But as for waterproofing concrete, there's other ways. Two coats of
render with PVA works, as does render coated with Aquastop or similar
exterior waterproofing solution.

But, if it's already had bitumen then like you say, nothing's gonna go
on top of that apart from more bitumen emulsion - and if /that's/
leaking then there's gotta be a hole in it somewhere.

The Lie about the AOL Profile - Fred ("Leaky kill file" Twinkie) Hall is ignorant and desperate enough to Slurp a Fake Profile. Dr. Steelhammer Ponds 0 12-05-2005 02:43 PM
Leaky ponds pixi Ponds 10 15-09-2004 12:39 AM
automatic watering - spray or leaky pipe ? NC United Kingdom 2 14-06-2004 01:09 PM
leaky roof ALLAN JOHNSON United Kingdom 1 09-04-2004 06:04 PM
Leaky Bio Clear 5 Filter Amanda Galiano Ponds 2 22-02-2004 10:52 PM