GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Fountain Refilling (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/153936-fountain-refilling.html)

[email protected] 07-02-2007 06:49 PM

Fountain Refilling

Is there a product which will automatically add water to a fountain
once it gets low or to a set level and can be connected to a homes
outdoor faucet?

george 13-02-2007 09:14 PM

Fountain Refilling

On Feb 7, 10:49 am, wrote:
Is there a product which will automatically add water to a fountain
once it gets low or to a set level and can be connected to a homes
outdoor faucet?

Yes, most people use the float that was designed and used in the
evaporative (swamp) cooler. You hook up a water line to the float and
set the float to the desired level. This is very similar to the float
in the toilet tank. This item can be purchase at Home Depot, Lowes,
Pay N Pack, etc..

[email protected] 27-02-2007 07:24 AM

Fountain Refilling

On Feb 7, 10:49 am, wrote:
Is there a product which will automatically add water to a fountain
once it gets low or to a set level and can be connected to a homes
outdoor faucet?

Also, most feed stores sell a watering a float valve for horse troughs
that works well. Designed to be hooked up to a graden hose. About $15.
However, garden hoses aren't meant to be under pressure all the time.
I had one split open once.

I use 2 values. First is a lawn sprinkler valve hooked into the normal
drip system/sprinkler timer. I run PVC from the sprinkler value to the
trough valve, there's a PVC adpator for garden hose connections. You
could use a garden hose. I set the lawn sprinkler valve to go on for 2
minutes or so everyday. The sprinkler sends water to the trough valve
which only adds water if needed and shuts off before overflow.

I do this because these cheap float valves can get stuck open or not
close 100%.