GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   How to stop squirrels from eating my tulips? Help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/156190-how-stop-squirrels-eating-my-tulips-help.html)

Ebike Charlie 02-04-2007 02:22 AM

How to stop squirrels from eating my tulips? Help!

Hi, anybody with experience know of a humane way to keep squirrels and
crows away from my tulips? Thanks.

someone 07-04-2007 09:08 PM

How to stop squirrels from eating my tulips? Help!

"Ebike Charlie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, anybody with experience know of a humane way to keep squirrels and
crows away from my tulips? Thanks.

Are you talking about the bulbs or the flowers? If you're talking about the
bulbs you could try letting them stand in a small pot of paraffin (as in
paraffin heater) for a couple of hours before planting them, that's what we
bean-growers do with pea and bean seeds. If you're talking about the
flowers, well, I don't know.

someone