Old 26-04-2003, 10:44 AM
BODKAZOO

Default wasp at my pond

On some days last year I had dozens of wasp at my pond. I have not found any
nest in my yard. The sight of wasps would scare people going up to the pond.

Any way to better conrol them this year?
Old 26-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Gregory Young

They are attracted to the water, which they need, especially on dry days.
You could setup a shallow dish (birdbath, etc), as far away from your water
garden as possible. Once they find a location, they tend to go back to it.
You could attract them to the distant dish, but surrounding it with nectar
containing plants that normally draw them
What ever you do, do not use spray insecticides around your pond! (they are
toxic to fish, frogs, etc... not to plants)
Happy ponding,
Greg

Finding a wasp's nest The Filers Lawns 5 24-10-2003 06:02 AM
Anyone know what kind of wasp this is? Jesse Greenawalt Gardening 4 18-07-2003 02:12 PM
Anyone know what kind of wasp this is? Jesse Greenawalt Gardening 0 17-07-2003 06:12 AM
One wasp The Devil's Advocate United Kingdom 75 07-05-2003 07:56 PM
bee/wasp/hornet/?? Nest Martin R. Soderstrom Gardening 4 16-04-2003 06:44 PM