Old 23-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Chris S.

Default Where is everyone?

Hi,

I hop on here every so often but don't post much. Some might remember me
from awhile ago. Anyway, I'm wondering where all the regulars went to? I
Jerri is still here, but I haven't seen a post from Deb in a long time. Just
wondering if there's a different nrewsgroup everyone went to. Keep posting
folks!

Chris 8^P

Old 24-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Philip Lathroum

Well... its winder here in Maryland... and my pond is under 2' of snow and
ice...

so... I'll be back in the spring...

I assume that's where most people are...

Philip

Old 25-02-2003, 06:18 PM
BenignVanilla

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hi,

I hop on here every so often but don't post much. Some might remember me
from awhile ago. Anyway, I'm wondering where all the regulars went to? I
Jerri is still here, but I haven't seen a post from Deb in a long time.

Just
wondering if there's a different nrewsgroup everyone went to. Keep posting
folks!

I just started hitting the pond NG's in November'ish of 2002. My experience
tells me, there is a lot of action in rec.ponds. I noticed
alt.garden.pond.chat seemed to be nearly dead, so I have started cross
posting my questions to both groups when the question regards more of the
"garden" aspect of ponding. I was hoping to try and get the group moving
again...

BV.

Old 26-02-2003, 06:51 PM
IAN GARDNER

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hi,

I hop on here every so often but don't post much. Some might remember me
from awhile ago. Anyway, I'm wondering where all the regulars went to? I
Jerri is still here, but I haven't seen a post from Deb in a long time.

Just
wondering if there's a different nrewsgroup everyone went to. Keep posting
folks!

It`s just little ole me here keeping it all going!

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER

Old 05-03-2003, 08:53 PM
N. Zitney

Lurking and cussin at the snow - still at least 6" even after lots of rain
here in DE. I suppose it is an improvement from the 2 feet, then 6" on top
of that 5 days later. But it doesn't feel much better!!
Waiting to see if I have fish alive or if the liner was punctured by a nail
when the cover collapsed and dragged itself in the pond. the bubler is
still bubbling - I'd say that's a positive thing. Just wondering how much
of the fishies space the cover took up, and if they made it. What a booger
of a winter. I guess we paid for the last 2 mild winters.
I have a feeling I'm going to need some of the fishfood with antibiotic in
it. I'm drawing a blank on what the name is, and where to get it.

Old 05-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

N. Zitney wrote:

I have a feeling I'm going to need some of the fishfood with antibiotic in
it. I'm drawing a blank on what the name is, and where to get it.

Hi Nan,

Are you thinking of Romet B. I usually get mine from
Joann Burke, phone 251-649-4790

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-03-2003, 02:51 PM
REBEL JOE

I'm here I also go to rec. ponds

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 12-03-2003, 12:33 AM
N. Zitney

Bonnie, thank you, and that was the one I had in mind. We lost one koi, a
beautiful yamabuki-hariwake. White & orange sherbet and about 24" , but I'd
been watching him as last summer he was very thin. We bought him at a MAKC
auction several years ago, and didn't know how old he was. The others look
good, but I don't think Romet will hurt. How long do you feed it, and do I
wait til the water temp is up to 50 as I would with normal food? thanks
again for the phone # for the Romet.
May Spring be bustin out all over, and very soon, Please!!
Nan Zitney

Old 12-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

N. Zitney wrote:
Bonnie, thank you, and that was the one I had in mind. We lost one koi, a
beautiful yamabuki-hariwake. White & orange sherbet and about 24" , but I'd
been watching him as last summer he was very thin. We bought him at a MAKC
auction several years ago, and didn't know how old he was. The others look
good, but I don't think Romet will hurt. How long do you feed it, and do I
wait til the water temp is up to 50 as I would with normal food? thanks
again for the phone # for the Romet.
May Spring be bustin out all over, and very soon, Please!!
Nan Zitney

Some people are against the idea, but I feed Romet B first
food every Spring when the water reaches 55 degrees and last
food every Fall. It is suggested to feed for 2 weeks as a
preventative measure and I have for several years.

I am eagerly awaiting Spring, just heard the forecast for
tomorrow and they're calling for 3 -5 inches of new snow.
My ponds has been ice and snow covered (with airstone
openings) for many months and I'd like to see my fish once
again!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-03-2003, 12:44 PM
N. Zitney

thanks for the info. You're up near the Gap iirc? Spring IS coming. We
had a glorious weekend here in DE, and finally all the presidents Day Snow
Dump is gone. Yesterday I heard Spring Peeper frogs doin their thing. They
usually get in the water on top of the pool cover and make so much music it
becomes noise, and we have to close the sliding doors to hear the tv. I have
daffodils up and trying to bloom. Hang in there a little longer, I'm
sending spring to you too!!
Nan

Old 18-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

N. Zitney wrote:
thanks for the info. You're up near the Gap iirc? Spring IS coming. We
had a glorious weekend here in DE, and finally all the presidents Day Snow
Dump is gone. Yesterday I heard Spring Peeper frogs doin their thing. They
usually get in the water on top of the pool cover and make so much music it
becomes noise, and we have to close the sliding doors to hear the tv. I have
daffodils up and trying to bloom. Hang in there a little longer, I'm
sending spring to you too!!
Nan

Hi Nan,
The past weekend was beautiful here also. The snow is
almost gone and the ice is slowly retreating on the ponds.
I too saw a frog yesterday and the fish are visible in the
goldfish pond. The koi pond is deeper and the fish are
still hiding.
My sister has spring peepers at her pond - I do rememeber
the noise those little guys can make! Our daffodils have
just broken through the soil, it will be a few weeks until
they bloom but the signs are certainly looking good.
--
Bonnie
NJ