Old 29-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Chris D

Default Foam on Pond

I have recently installed a waterfall around my garden pond. I have noticed
a build up of foam in a thin layer in the pond. The foam seems to persist
for hours. Is there any way of reducing this. Obviously I expected a few
bubbles around the base of the fountain but not this much.
The pond is about 1500 gallons, and holds 24 goldfish and various plants.

regards

Chris D

Old 29-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Jerrispond

I have recently installed a waterfall around my garden pond. I have noticed
a build up of foam in a thin layer in the pond.

The foam is from protein caused at this time of year by the fish....or frogs or
toads spawning. It will clear up when the spawn stops. Jerri

Old 29-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Jerrispond

Chris go to rec.ponds newsgroup and you will find many there that can answer
your question.
Cathy

Then what is the point of this group? Jerri

Old 09-05-2003, 09:20 PM
IAN GARDNER

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
I have recently installed a waterfall around my garden pond. I have

noticed
a build up of foam in a thin layer in the pond.

The foam is from protein caused at this time of year by the fish....or

frogs or
toads spawning. It will clear up when the spawn stops. Jerri

To add to the above. A filter may also help to breakdown this more quickly.
--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER

Old 09-05-2003, 09:20 PM
IAN GARDNER

"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message
Chris go to rec.ponds newsgroup and you will find many there that can

answer
your question.
Cathy

Why! This group knows just as much about ponds as any other group! In fact,
this group answers questions in a more friendly way!

foam on pond topcat6 Ponds 4 11-10-2007 12:02 AM
Foam in pond BoyPete Ponds 7 10-05-2006 01:03 PM
spawning and pond foam ?s rasta Ponds 1 07-05-2004 04:03 PM
Pond Foam Charles Ponds 17 26-04-2004 03:05 AM
Expandable foam question grubber Ponds 0 15-03-2004 11:45 PM