GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Help- My pump leaked oil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/21382-help-my-pump-leaked-oil.html)

Diann & Art Thoma 09-05-2003 12:32 AM

Help- My pump leaked oil

I was switching out pumps and my back up pump started to leak oil. Not
much, but enough to form a thin film on the top.

Any ideas on how to get ride of the oil?

Thanks in advance.

Art
Champaign, IL

Simon Avery 09-05-2003 09:56 AM

Help- My pump leaked oil

"Diann & Art Thoma" wrote:

Hello Diann

DAT I was switching out pumps and my back up pump started to
DAT leak oil. Not much, but enough to form a thin film on the
DAT top.

Oil seal's gone, it's probably toast.

DAT Any ideas on how to get ride of the oil?

Newspaper laid on top of the pond for a few minutes.

BenignVanilla 09-05-2003 06:44 PM

Help- My pump leaked oil

"Diann & Art Thoma" wrote in message
I was switching out pumps and my back up pump started to leak oil. Not
much, but enough to form a thin film on the top.

Any ideas on how to get ride of the oil?

Thanks in advance.

Overflow the pond.

BV.