Old 14-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Barbara Harrison

Default pond pics

Hi everyone

We havent got round to building our bigger pond yet, but we have smartened
up the one we have. Its only an old corner bath, about 90 uk gallons(around
110 us gallons) and its too shallow and shady for pond lillies, but I think
we have done pretty well with what we have. What do you think (link below)
We expect there to more greenery and colour in a few weeks.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/harrisonbolton/pond.html

By the way can I say thank you to Jerri and all the people who post on this
group, its very friendly asnd people write in plain English, not obscure
computor jargon and slang. I sdont post very often but I enjoy reading it.
love Barbara

Old 14-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Looks great!!
--
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

"Barbara Harrison" wrote in
message ...

Old 15-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Barbara Harrison

Hi I looked up your small pond too. It is cute isnt it. I notice that you
are having trouble with green water algae. Now the pond is a few years old,
I dont seem to have that problem any more but now I get the type that grows
all over everyting including the plants. When I had the green water I found
that Accuclear helped tremendously. It isnt a poison and it just clumps the
algae together, so it gets caught in the filter. I put some filter wool in
the filter in addition to the sponge and I think it gets it out better.

Barbara

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
Looks great!!

Old 15-05-2003, 04:44 PM
LRobi31070

I love all of your pictures! They are so interesting! It gives a different
feel to actually watch someones progress! I am so sorry about the dog! My
mother has a dog friend who comes over and steals things from her pond! He
hasnt torn anything up...yet.
Old 15-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Barbara Harrison

I don't know why you are sorry about the dog, Its a local river he is
swimming in, not the pond!!

Old 16-05-2003, 04:56 PM
LRobi31070

I dont understand! I dont feel sorry for the dog. i am sorry about the mess.
What is the thing about the river? I thought those pictures were of your pond
he tore up.

Old 17-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

No, that is my yard he tore up and ponds.
But thanks for the semtiment.
( shhhhhh) So far no dog attacks this year.

Old 17-05-2003, 02:56 PM
LRobi31070

OK! I understand now.
Old 17-05-2003, 02:56 PM
LRobi31070

My link on my signature has pictures! Or go here-
http://www.enature.com/backyardwildl...sp?bwhid=22180

Old 17-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Barbara Harrison

I dont, I read nothing about a dog and I thought you were just being really
nasty about my pond

Old 17-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Priscilla McCullough

No she wasn't being nasty.
On my link I have how my ponds were made, also the trouble I had with
someones dog ripping everything up and eating all my fish. You can check out
my site if you like and see what we are refering to.

Old 17-05-2003, 05:08 PM
LRobi31070

I posted to the wrong message I guess. I was talking to the lady that had the
stray dog come in and tear up her ponds. She has a very imformative site with
pictures of her progress and the damage done to the pond! I am not a sarcastic
person and meant no harm. I was only replying to the ladies pictures! Sorry if
I offended you in any way.
Old 17-05-2003, 05:08 PM
LRobi31070

Thank you Priss! I am sorry about the confusion! I love these message boards
and the pictures and would never do anything to make someone mad!
Old 17-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Barbara Harrison

Thats OK I am glad we sorted that one out
"LRobi31070" wrote in message
I posted to the wrong message I guess. I was talking to the lady that had

the
stray dog come in and tear up her ponds. She has a very imformative site

with
pictures of her progress and the damage done to the pond! I am not a

sarcastic
person and meant no harm. I was only replying to the ladies pictures!

Sorry if
I offended you in any way.

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Your Pond Pics BenignVanilla Ponds 28 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
TT was Your Pond Pics John Rutz Ponds 5 16-04-2003 04:56 PM
posted my pond pics in binaries Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM