GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   plants going bad (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/22924-plants-going-bad.html)

Priscilla McCullough 17-05-2003 12:56 PM

plants going bad

Something is going on with my plants.
They have been doing wonderful, blooming and really green.
I have been busy all week at work and have not had time to go out to the
pond except in the evenings and that just to throw some food in for the
gang.
Today I went out and I really have noticed all my plants have like a brown
outline on the leaves, like their burnt? Anybody know whats going on?

--
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 02:44 PM

plants going bad

My mother said hers were doing the same thing and mine are starting to turn
brown. I live in OK? Wher are you?

Priscilla McCullough 17-05-2003 05:08 PM

plants going bad

On the coast of Ga.
I don't know whats going on. Maybe Jerri will have some answers for us when
she checks the board.

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 05:08 PM

plants going bad

I hope so. I didnt think much until mine and mothers started turning brown!

Jeannette 18-05-2003 07:32 PM

plants going bad

"Priscilla McCullough" said thusley:...
(snipped)
Today I went out and I really have noticed

all my plants have like a brown
outline on the leaves, like their burnt?

Anybody know whats going on?

Have you been fertilizing regularly? Also,
check for bugs. I have had problems with
aphids.

Lilypad

Jeannette 19-05-2003 03:20 AM

plants going bad

Aphids are teeny tiny little bugs that look
like tiny black dots on the plants. They
really like water lettuce. I usually turn
mine upside down to drown the pesky things
and the fish like to eat them too.

Jeannette

.

LRobi31070 19-05-2003 04:56 AM

plants going bad

Our aphids in Oklahoma are clearish white. They come out by the dozens and
almost smother the plants.

Jerrispond 20-05-2003 01:44 AM

plants going bad

Sorry been away Priss.....How old are the leaves...is it all of them or just
one or two....what kind of leaves just lilies or all plants....... What have
you added to the water or plants.... With all the rain could it be washing in
from the surrounding area I will check the answers tonight or tomorrow....bugs
will not turn the edges brown....sounds like some type of burn. Aphids suck
juices and the evidence that shows up from them is paleness or streaking. By
the way aphids come in many different colors. Jerri

sara1 26-05-2003 12:08 AM

plants going bad

What kind of plants are you talking about? I had this problem with water
hyacinth last year and lost them all, but my other plants were fine.

Jeannette 26-05-2003 12:56 PM

plants going bad

I was speaking mostly of my watter lettuce,
but aphids get on just about everything. The
aphids we have here are small black bugs.
They look like little dots on the plants.

Jeannette

IAN GARDNER 01-06-2003 11:20 AM

plants going bad

"sara1" wrote in message ...
What kind of plants are you talking about? I had this problem with water
hyacinth last year and lost them all, but my other plants were fine.

Slightly OTT but the title of this thread reminds me of SKY TV here in
England. Sky our satellite provider has programmes that `Normal` tv doesn`t
with titles like `When elephants go bad` or `When tv stunts go bad`. You
know, the sort that have an american announcer in the deepest voice you`ve
ever heard! Well we have a new one now ...........

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER