Old 22-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Roger Hack

Default pond cleaner

I prefer my pool vac. It hooks directly to a garden hose. It doesn't use
that much water to me. I usually let my pump drain some of the water from
the bottom first. I don't have to have anything electrical around my pond
with the pool vac. I am not very graceful. Besides the pool vac was only
$20.00. It picks up the debris from the bottom and I just clean out the
little bag when I am finished. That is my two cents worth......
"Chrissy" wrote in message
.net...
what kind of wet/dry vac would be best to use on approx. 1000 gallon pond.
I'm trying to still get rid of the dirt that is on the bottom of the pond.
I can only do so much with the Python that I have that I use for my
aquarium.

I am also concerned about wasting water as well. The python uses so much
water for suction power. Does a Wet/Dry Vac need a lot of water to run

it,
or any at all? I'm not sure how the suction works on these things, the

only
thing I come up with on searches is links to buy them, no info. on how

they
work. Also would I need a pool vac as well on this to clean the pond, or
can I just use the extensions that come with the wet/dry vac? If I would
need a pool vac, Which one works best?

I know so many questions... Thank you for your time.

Chrissy

Old 23-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Chrissy

Thanks for the info. There are so many possibilities to look into ...

newslcza.947483$F1.117421@sccrnsc04...