Old 21-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Jerri

Do you have any fish in your veggie filter?
I was wondering if I should buy a small fish and stick in there to eat any
mosquito lava or if the flow of the current would just wash the lava into
the bigger pond.
How was your visit with your son? Good I hope.

--
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 21-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Jerrispond

Do you have any fish in your veggie filter?
I was wondering if I should buy a small fish and stick in there to eat any
mosquito lava or if the flow of the current would just wash the lava into
the bigger pond.

The mosquito larva are found only in still water, so it al depends on how fast
the water moves thru it. I have a couple of gold fish in mine that I guess
the eggs just came up through the pump or something. DO NOT put minnows
anywhere in your pond. I got some in mine on some plants and can not get rid
of them. It is an ongoing battle at one point there were HUNDREDS!!! I
finally got 2 channel cats and they are eating some, but they also eat baby koi
and goldfish....They are a very good method for fish conrtol however. Jerri

Old 23-05-2003, 07:44 PM
IAN GARDNER

"Jerrispond" wrote in message

The mosquito larva are found only in still water, so it al depends on how

fast
the water moves thru it. I have a couple of gold fish in mine that I

guess
the eggs just came up through the pump or something. DO NOT put minnows
anywhere in your pond.

What`s wrong with minnows?

What sort are they called?

I would love them in my pond but they are a warmish water fish.

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER

Old 23-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Jerrispond

What`s wrong with minnows?
What sort are they called?I would love them in my pond but they are a warmish

water fish.
I got some in on a plant....they quickly multiplied into the hundreds of tiny
fish.....A hundred small is about the same as several good sized goldfish as
far as fouling the water. I can not get rid of them try as I might. I even
draind the largest pond, and still there must have been a few eggs in a pot or
something they are back again. They look like female guppies ....about an
inch long and grey. Jerri

Old 25-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Rodney Pont

On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:16:10 +0100, IAN GARDNER wrote:

What`s wrong with minnows?

What sort are they called?

I would love them in my pond but they are a warmish water fish.

If you are talking about the Rosy Red Fathead Minnows they were added
to the controlled list of non native fish in February this year, you
need to apply for a licence to keep them in a pond now. See
www.efishbusiness.co.uk and look at Controls on Non Native Fish
Species.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail ngps07 (at) infohit (dot) fsnet (dot) co (dot) uk

Old 29-05-2003, 05:21 AM
IAN GARDNER

"Jerrispond" wrote in message

What`s wrong with minnows?
What sort are they called?I would love them in my pond but they are a

warmish
water fish.
I got some in on a plant....they quickly multiplied into the hundreds of

tiny
fish.....A hundred small is about the same as several good sized goldfish

as
far as fouling the water. I can not get rid of them try as I might. I

even
draind the largest pond, and still there must have been a few eggs in a

pot or
something they are back again. They look like female guppies ....about

an
inch long and grey. Jerri

Cool! What`s one mans (womans) problem is another mans gain. Could they be
guppy`s? or are they white cloud mountain minnows. Do they have small tails?

Jerri LRobi31070 Ponds 3 18-06-2003 04:08 PM
Prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds 18 15-04-2003 03:45 PM
Say a prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 3 07-04-2003 03:08 PM
Jerri Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Hi Jerri and gang Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 0 29-03-2003 01:56 AM