GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Can you identify this egg mass around a koi pond? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/28220-can-you-identify-egg-mass-around-koi-pond.html)

Carla 22-05-2003 08:44 PM

Can you identify this egg mass around a koi pond?

It looks like cellulite tinted orange on a stalk of the pond's plants.
The person with the problem wants to know if this is a good bug or
bad bug and should she worry. I have pictures if you need to see.
Please email me at to get those pics. It's
really interesting but I haven't a clue about egg masses except for
aphids and other veggie insects.

Thanks!

Jerrispond 23-05-2003 05:32 PM

Can you identify this egg mass around a koi pond?

Orange or pink eggs on a plant stalk above the water are apple snails. They
WILL eat your plants and should be destroyed befor they hatch. Some people
actually buy them, and they are beautiful, but I would rather have pretty
lilies and lotus rather than pretty snails Jerri