GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   bites on lillies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/34979-bites-lillies.html)

andrew.forster 30-06-2003 08:20 PM

bites on lillies

I have a medium size pond with about 8 water lilles plants,
I also have plants in the shallow edge round the pond.
This year every time a leaf appears it seems to have bites round the edge
and with in days dies.
I have fish in the pond with a few koi .
can any one advise what chemicals work
many thanks
Andy forster

IAN GARDNER 03-07-2003 10:44 PM

bites on lillies

"andrew.forster" wrote in message
I have a medium size pond with about 8 water lilles plants,
I also have plants in the shallow edge round the pond.
This year every time a leaf appears it seems to have bites round the edge
and with in days dies.
I have fish in the pond with a few koi .
can any one advise what chemicals work
many thanks

The old Chestnut again! There is a bug/insect that is called something like
the Lilly Beatle. It eats the leaves just like you say it does. I think last
year someone recomended that you submerged the lilly under the water say
with a stick. Any bugs on the leaves will go into the water, and then
hoppfully they will be eaten by the fish. Do this a few times a day for a
couple of days and see if this works.

All advice given here may or may not be correct. It`s just an oppinion.

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER