GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Extending Pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/38184-extending-pond.html)

eyeldham 24-07-2003 09:29 PM

Extending Pond

1 Attachment(s)
I built my pond last year and have approx 15 fish - not huge. I built it with a flexible liner but now feel it is not quite big enough.

I dug it fairly deep (3 foot) in middle with deep planting ledges, too deep probably as many of my baskets are on bricks. It is around 12 ft long and 6 ft wide. I still have a reasonable amount of liner left as a bog garden and also have some liner left over from the project.

I was wondering if anyone had any views on extending or joining ponds. I could just get rid of my bog garden and extend the pond in to there, I could maybe joing on some more liner to make bigger or I have a colleague at work who has just bought a house which has a fibreglass pond which he doesn't want - any idea on how I could join this with my existing pond.

The one thing I don't really want is to seperate ponds as I will end up needing 2 pumps etc.

Let me know

My pond can be seen on

Ed