Old 25-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Registered User

Default Handi Foam in the UK

I have seen a product advertised in the US which can be used for sealing natural style waterfalls (e.g. www.justliners.com/foamseal.htm and waterfall.htm). The concept seems excellent, but I cannot find the one-component product in the UK.

Anybody seen this product anywhere in the UK, or can suggest alternatives?
Old 09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogBit
I have seen a product advertised in the US which can be used for sealing natural style waterfalls (e.g. www.justliners.com/foamseal.htm and waterfall.htm). The concept seems excellent, but I cannot find the one-component product in the UK.

Anybody seen this product anywhere in the UK, or can suggest alternatives?
There is an alternative called spray dekor or rockfix which is supplyed by a company called NT Laboratories which can direct you to the nearest supplier.
Phone no 01622 817692 very helpful people.
A.johnson.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered User

Smile

[quote=alan.johnson790]There is an alternative called spray dekor or rockfix which is supplyed by a company called NT Laboratories which can direct you to the nearest supplier.
Phone no 01622 817692 very helpful people ,they also use it for modeling aquariums making reefs or hiding filters.
A.johnson
P.S hope this is of help to you.
Old 24-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered User

I have seem Handi-Foam advertised in the UK. Try www.handi-foam.co.uk I'm sure they will be able to tell you if they stock the black foam. Good luck!
Old 22-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered User

Location: Alderney, Channel Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogBit
I have seen a product advertised in the US which can be used for sealing natural style waterfalls (e.g. www.justliners.com/foamseal.htm and waterfall.htm). The concept seems excellent, but I cannot find the one-component product in the UK.

Anybody seen this product anywhere in the UK, or can suggest alternatives?

I used a product called "Great Stuff" for my waterfall. It is a one-pack expanding polyurethane foam used mostly by the building trades to fill holes in walls and around pipes etc. You can get it or a similar product from any builders merchant or DIY store. It is not UV stable and will degrade in direct sunlight but that should not be a problem as it will be covered with rocks etc.

Bill

Old 06-03-2006, 03:40 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Sepp

Hi FrogBit - to get Handi-Foam suppliers adresses contact AB Sealants or
GASCO UK (www.gasco-group.com)

Reg.
Sepp

--
alan.johnson790

--
Sepp
Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered User

www.spray-insulation.co.uk also sell Handi-Foam.

Expandable foam question grubber Ponds 0 16-03-2004 12:45 AM
Greenhouse glass foam sealing tape ?? reqd for repairs gray bale United Kingdom 3 24-04-2003 02:44 AM
black foam sealant Dblburner Ponds 2 23-04-2003 12:44 AM
Foam in waterfall Carl Beyer Ponds 4 20-04-2003 05:09 AM
Anyone seen pre-made fiberglass or foam waterfalls on sale anywhere? Gareee Ponds 3 18-04-2003 04:32 AM