Old 06-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Superkitt

Default Pea Soup

Can a filter help with my ponds pea soup and can I build one myself for a
500 gal pond.

I have a 1000gph water feature going.

Joel.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Jerrispond

Can a filter help with my ponds pea soup and can I build one myself for a
500 gal pond.

I have a 1000gph water feature going.

Make one and hook it up to the water feature pump. Jerri

Old 10-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Brett Fogle

Superkitt wrote in message 4...
Can a filter help with my ponds pea soup and can I build one myself for a
500 gal pond.

I have a 1000gph water feature going.

Joel.

Joel,

Plants are great for smaller ponds, but for ponds 500 gallons and up,
definately invest in a UV sterilzer...

They work extremely well, and will keep your water 'green free' all
year long.

For more info, click he

http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...etrapondUV.htm

Hope this helps.

~ Brett

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brett Fogle
MacArthur Water Gardens
www.macarthurwatergardens.com
www.pond-filters-online.com
www.4-pond-pumps.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 15-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Jerrispond

Plants are great for smaller ponds, but for ponds 500 gallons and
up,definately invest in a UV sterilzer...They work extremely well, and will
keep your water 'green free' allyear long.

It will cost well over a hundred dollars for a uv sterilizer....I don't know
where you get your info....uness maybe you sell uv's. I run no
mechanical filters at all....just a couple of pumps into veggie filters. you
can see the bottom in all my ponds...from the smallest goldfish pond that is
2,500 gallons to the koi pond which is 3 1/2 feet deep and holds holds 13,000
gallons. Some of my koi are over 24 inches and I have a catfish in there that
is over 30 inches.....There is no algea....ALL due to having lots of plants
Another added bonus is that the veggie filters look just like small
ponds...because that is what they are. I have hundreds of water iris among
other things in them...and when the iris bloom it is a breathtaking
sight.....what does your uv look like? Jerri

pea soup [email protected] Ponds 0 26-03-2004 01:10 AM
pea soup [email protected] Ponds 0 26-03-2004 01:10 AM
Pea Soup - Resolved Joel Ponds 9 13-09-2003 05:32 PM
Pea Soup - Resolved Joel Ponds 0 12-09-2003 05:28 AM
Pea Soup and I'm not talking about food. Superkitt Ponds 3 06-08-2003 09:02 PM