Old 06-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Jleag

Default Filtration sys for BIG pond-help...

Hi,

I am the proud owner of a 100 gallon pond which I have had for 10 years. I love
it and now I want to expand to a larger pond. I am building a 15' x 15' x 2'
pond and need a new filtration system. Do any of you nice people reading this
have experience in this area. I am thinking about a gravity fed filtration
system to deal with the koi I would like to have in the pond. Any thoughts you
might have would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help - Best
wishes and happy ponding!! Lillie
Old 06-08-2003, 09:02 PM
BenignVanilla

"Jleag" wrote in message
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a 100 gallon pond which I have had for 10 years. I

love
it and now I want to expand to a larger pond. I am building a 15' x 15' x

2'
pond and need a new filtration system. Do any of you nice people reading

this
have experience in this area. I am thinking about a gravity fed filtration
system to deal with the koi I would like to have in the pond. Any

thoughts you
might have would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help -

Best
wishes and happy ponding!! Lillie

Lillie there are tons of ideas for DIY filters discussed on rec.ponds all of
the time. I suggest you google that group up and search for DIY filters.
That'll keep you busy for awhile, or just drop a note over there. Many of
the porgs there like to share their designs.

For my pond which is 10x13x4, I built a gravity fed VF.

BV.

Old 06-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Jerrispond

For my pond which is 10x13x4, I built a gravity fed VF.

That is all I use to filter my ponds....plants plants and more plants....in
and out of the ponds. crystal clear water and no fish death or disease. You
will have to have a lighter fish load however Jerri

Old 10-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Brett Fogle

(Jleag) wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a 100 gallon pond which I have had for 10 years. I love
it and now I want to expand to a larger pond. I am building a 15' x 15' x 2'
pond and need a new filtration system. Do any of you nice people reading this
have experience in this area. I am thinking about a gravity fed filtration
system to deal with the koi I would like to have in the pond. Any thoughts you
might have would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help - Best
wishes and happy ponding!! Lillie

Hi Lillie,

That's quite a jump in size, but good for you! The truth is, no
matter how big your pond is, you always want a BIGGER one ;-)

I would highly suggest looking into a bead filter with a UV sterilzer.
Not because we sell them, but we sell them for a reason... (after 10
years building and servicing ponds).

Here are some links that you might find useful:

http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com/Stan_Goff_Pond.htm (A pond we
built with very similar dimensions to yours)

http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...challenger.htm
http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...imonials.shtml
http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...terilizers.htm

Hope this helps...

~ Brett

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brett Fogle
MacArthur Water Gardens
www.macarthurwatergardens.com
www.pond-filters-online.com
www.4-pond-pumps.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 15-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Jerrispond

I want to expand to a larger pond. I am building a 15' x 15' x 2' pond and
need a new filtration systemI would highly suggest looking into a bead filter
with a UV sterilzer. Not because we sell them, but we sell them for a
reason... (after 10
years building and servicing ponds).

That isn't such a big pond, and you really do NOT NEED big filters and uv's. I
run a 13,000 gallon koi pond on just a veggie filter and lots of plants in the
pond. Since you have not built it yet.... Might I suggest you make the pond (
or at least part of it) 3 feet deep instead of 2....much better for koi. They
need the extra depth to properly excercise some of the mucsles that can only
be excercised by diving deep. Jerri

Old 15-08-2003, 04:11 AM
Jerrispond

and servicing ponds).http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com/Stan_Goff_Pond.htm
(A pond we
built with very similar dimensions to

yours)http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...challenger.htm
http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...imonials.shtml
http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com...terilizers.htm

Brett.....I know you are new here, but
there is a rule about spamming.....Like DON"T DO IT.....everyone of the posts
I have read from you is trying to sell a uv or someother thing. If you want
to post or answer questions fine....but we do not need your spam here.
Jerri.....( who has had ponds longer than you and doesn't sell anything)