GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/40579-help.html)

Jeanne 16-08-2003 08:42 PM

Help

Hi Guys...

I bought some water canna in one gallon pots grown by Aquatic Resources.
Can't find them on the web (out of 165,000 "aquatic resources"). Does
anyone know how to reach them?

There are no directions for planting. And, since I am a red-thumb gardener,
I am in bad need to know how deep to plant them, what size container, etc.

Advance thanks for any help on this one.....
Cheers,
Bruce

Jerrispond 16-08-2003 11:03 PM

Help

water canna
I am in bad need to know how deep to plant them, what size container,

Water cannas can be grown in or out of the water....however all cannas can not
be grown in the water. Water cannas are marginal or bog plants and do not
want more than an inch or so of water over the pots, they will rot if planted
deep in the water. Depending on the type they will grow anywhere from 1 1/2
feet to 6 feet tall. They need a heavy pot, because they will be top heavy
and fall over in the wind. They are not very hardy, and will need to come
inside to be stored as bulbs in the winter...... Jerri