Old 22-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Yorkshire Pudding

Default Belive it or not, it's about my pond

Hello,
Dug my very small (about 8' x 4' x 18") about a year ago, put some
frogspawn in it, it hatched, infested the neighbours gardens (but they
don't have slugs now). Also put a couple of Sticklebacks in it, they
bred, got a fantastic collection of pond snails. Today I had I
visitor, a metallic green dragonfly, I watched it for about half an
hour and was totally mesmorised. I hope it laid some eggs as I want to
get some photos of it.
Happy ponding
YP
Old 22-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Jerrispond

Dug my very small (about 8' x 4' x 18") about a year ago, put some
frogspawn in it, it hatched, infested the neighbours gardens (but they
don't have slugs now)

was probably toads....was the spawn in strings( toads) or one big mass of
jelly(frogs)? If you only saw one it probably didn't lay any eggs mine breed
over the water then lay the eggs. I am sure it will get more dragonflies next
year. Dragonflies are wonderful they eat mosquitos. Jerri