Old 06-10-2003, 03:02 AM
mcsteve

Default Zones and Winterising

Hey all,
I've been reading the posts here since I put my pond in last spring. I
cannot tell you how much a newbie appreciates all the great advice that is
spread around. I'va already started planning my extension for next spring
and the construction of my veggie filter.

This will be my first winter and I have some questions. I live in Southern
Ontario Canada and am not sure what zone I'm in. How do I find out? Also,
will Koi and Goldfish survive the winter in my area? I have 3 small
goldfish (about 3") and 2 Koi (about 5"). They've been doing great since I
put them in the pond in Aug but I'm concerned that they might not make it
over our harsh winters. The pond is only 2-1/2 feet deep. Also, would a
bubbler work up here?

Thanks
mcsteve

To reply via email, remove X80