Old 12-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Registered User

Location: London
Question move fish abroad

Anyone any advise on how I could move 8 goldfish - I know it's quite silly but they do have sentimental value - (quite small, the biggest one is only 15 cm) abroad? They have to go by van overnight - say 24 h - I don't suppose I will be able to take them by plane?

I was thinking of putting them in a plastic container (toybox type or IKEA recycle box) and taping the lid watertight - most probably it will be airtight (except for a small airbubble) too then - can fish survive that? Can I add pond plants and pond water to start the new pond off?

Thanks!
Old 13-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Mike Caine

Default move fish abroad

You don't say which country you are going to but I'd first check their
rules relating to importing live fish. Some are quite strict about it
as they don't want any diseases brought into their country.
Old 13-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Caine
You don't say which country you are going to but I'd first check their
rules relating to importing live fish. Some are quite strict about it
as they don't want any diseases brought into their country.
Silly me - I'm going from the UK (that has very strict rules indeed) back to the homecountry (Belgium) Not such bad advice actually - better get on the blower with the embassy... I'll keep you posted! Not that my fish would go infecting other fish - they don't tend to walk off