GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Winter Gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/49325-winter-gardens.html)

Thin_blue_line_11 29-12-2003 01:32 PM

Winter Gardens

Good Morning! I'm trying to find plants/shrubs that bloom & stay
green throughout the Winter months for my Cape Cod garden. I'm tired
of looking out my window to brown during these cold months. Heather
is one great option as they have varieties that bloom Nov.-March...any
other ideas? I believe Cape Cod is zone 7???

Oxymel of Squill 29-12-2003 02:02 PM

Winter Gardens

chimonanthus praecox - fragrant yellow flowers through winter. Also known as
wintersweet

I planted one this year, not v impressive yet but I'm hoping for a good
display in coming years

Jon

om...

Thin_blue_line_11 29-12-2003 07:02 PM