GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Minimum Rise for a Stream (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/510-minimum-rise-stream.html)

BenignVanilla 04-02-2003 04:27 PM

Minimum Rise for a Stream

My main pond is going to be slightly downhill from where I now plan to put
my veggie filter. The grade is noticeable but not extreme. I don't have
measurements yet, but I hope to as soon as the yard is a bit drier or
warmer. Anyway, if after excavation things are close to level, I am worried
about the stream. Is there a minimum grade difference or rise required for a
stream to look natural and flow easily?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

IAN GARDNER 07-02-2003 11:58 AM

Minimum Rise for a Stream

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
My main pond is going to be slightly downhill from where I now plan to put
my veggie filter. The grade is noticeable but not extreme. I don't have
measurements yet, but I hope to as soon as the yard is a bit drier or
warmer. Anyway, if after excavation things are close to level, I am

worried
about the stream. Is there a minimum grade difference or rise required for

stream to look natural and flow easily?

Welcome to the group.
All I can say really is that their is no formula on this but in the wilds
streams flow at different rates.
I have a two small streams. The biggest connects my indoor greenhouse pond
with my `top pond`.
Because this is an add-on, the inlet and outlet are of a simular height so
it flows just to unfill itself. My other stream is smaller and with less
width. It flows faster into a waterfall.

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER