Old 06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Moog

Default Advice sought from Pond People

"Kullrad" garbled some drivel on 03/04/2004:

"James Cook" wrote in
:

It is true about the algae bit but the quantities have to be quite
precise - there is a ratio for straw to water volume, google should
provide the answer.

As for the bacteria bit ? I think the poster is a little confused -
decaying organic material doesn't 'give off' bacteria - it is the
action of bacteria already in the water that break the organic
matter down into ammonia, this is further broken down by
oxidisation to Nitrates and Nitrites. Certain levels of these are
essential for a healthy pond, ammonia and nitrates provide food for
aquatic plants - very high nitrates however will lead to very poor
water quality and ultimately kill the pond. This is why you should
prevent an over-accumulation of decaying leaves, fish shit and frog
shit on the bottom of your pond - the smell of that black sludge
from the depths of the pond is also equisitely disgusting.

Whoo hoo! Who gives a shit.
Just fill it full on concrete and be done with it.
****s.

Put a ****ing Swing on it. It's better than a bit of water that cats
**** in.

--
Moog
Old 06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Kullrad

"James Cook" wrote in
:

[...]

Kullrad (14)
UKSF Best New Poster 2003

There's going to be knives!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Kullrad

"Moog" wrote in
:

[...]

My cats would shit in it TBH.

--
Kullrad (14)
UKSF Best New Poster 2003

There's going to be knives!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Kullrad

"Moog" wrote in news:xn0dgkkwyayxy9019
@news.individual.net:

[...]

You feed them too much.

Maybe you should build a pond and hope they fall in and drown.

I don't want my cats to drown, you insensitive ****. I love my cats.

Use some stakes and liners though....you know the script.

Errrr can you read back the first line. I seem to have forgoten it.

--
Kullrad (14)
UKSF Best New Poster 2003

There's going to be knives!

Old 09-04-2004, 08:32 AM
George

"rtk" wrote in message

SjT wrote:
And how to stop the lining from creasing? (Does this affect the amount
of blanket weed if more creases are evident?)

I think i didn't stretch it enough when i done it last time.

Also what is the best way to build a pond that has water right up to
the brickwork so you cant see any of the lining?

If this is too much help to ask for, i would appreciate any websites
any of you guys have.

I don't think my website is going to be very helpful, but it does have
pics of several stages of building the pond.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/...wPondPage.html

The lining doesn't get its creases out; the water pressure flattens them
and algae covers the whole thing, so you won't be aware of them.

I hope things start working out smoothly for you.

Ruth Kazez

p.s. Crossposting to football isn't a good idea.

Use a line level, which can be had at any hardware store. Run a line across the
hole. Level it. Then measure down from the line to where you need to dig.
When the measurements match across the bottom, you are level, or at least level
enough.