GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Which Pump is Right for my Pond?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/57745-pump-right-my-pond.html)

Steve Shapson 06-04-2004 08:09 PM

Which Pump is Right for my Pond??

I've finished building my pond (18'x18'x2'/attached to a 55' long 2' wide
stream up to a waterfall at a grade 4 feet above the pond grade).

There are so many pumps on the market. I do not know where to go. I do want
a good flow of water to make the waterfall dramatic. Does anyone care to
advise me on what pump I should obtain? I would want a pump which is under
the water. I would want this pump to be effecient, using less energy than
some pump. Are there any good solar pumps?

There will be a lot of plants and few fish in this pond.
Thanks so much for any help.

--
Steve

George 16-04-2004 07:02 AM