Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 PM
KRF

Default How do I lower Ph?

Hi Everybody,

Just set my pond up Wednesday, and finsihed putting the rock around it
(for the 9th time yesterday lol) Getting the rock to look right was
harder than digging the hole! At anyrate, I test my Ph today, and its
7.5. How do I lower it? The book I have says that I should be at 7 or
even a little below. This is all new to me. I have Sal****er tanks in
my home, and am used to boosting me PH the 8.2 not lowering it to 7.
Please help. Thanks

Kevin

Old 16-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Oxymel_of_Squill

if it's a new pond I would let it sit there and sort out its own Ph levels.
After a month or so start planting, but if I were setting up my pond again I
wouldn't introduce fish for a year, and I wouldn'y keep tipping in chemicals
from the pet shop

Jon

Old 29-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Steve Parrish

There is a Pond Care product called pH Down that will do that job if you
want it done pretty quickly. It will go down naturally over time but may
take a while.

Old 29-04-2004, 08:26 PM
joe

Can't find the original post, sorry. That Ph is fine. Most ponders will tell
you that 8.5 is fine (that's what mine is) A high Ph is less conducive to
plant growth, but not so you would notice IMHO. What you want to avoid is
swings in your Ph.

Joe

Old 09-05-2004, 06:03 AM
George

"joe" wrote in message ...
Can't find the original post, sorry. That Ph is fine. Most ponders will tell
you that 8.5 is fine (that's what mine is) A high Ph is less conducive to
plant growth, but not so you would notice IMHO. What you want to avoid is
swings in your Ph.

Joe

I don't know about 8.5 being normal. Do you use well water? Having said that,
a Ph of 7.4-7.5 is fine. I wouldn't worry at all about it. Mine is 7.4 and
always has been. The fish (koi, goldfish, and an albino channel catsfish) are
thriving. Never been sick. The plant are doing fine as well.