Old 15-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Destroyallx

Default planting

when planting lillys in a pond..whats the best way to do this when you have
a liner.. obviously with a container/pots. does the size of pot matter that
much?
im trying to gain more shade in my pond..whats a good way to do this,
using plants.. or whatever else works... naturally

Old 15-05-2004, 10:05 AM
George

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
when planting lillys in a pond..whats the best way to do this when you have
a liner.. obviously with a container/pots. does the size of pot matter that
much?
im trying to gain more shade in my pond..whats a good way to do this,
using plants.. or whatever else works... naturally

Planting water plants is always a good idea. It shades the pond, and absorbs
nutrients that cause algae blooms. The thing to remember is to have a balance
between the amount of shade and the amount of sunlight - you do want to be able
to see your fish, don't you? You can buy specially made planters from an
aquarium supply dealer (or pet shop), or you can make your own. My lillies came
with the planters, so I didn't have to worry about that part. But they hold
about 1/3 of a gallon of heavy clay (make sure it is clean if you get yours from
a field or marsh somewhere). The planter is perforated on the sides and bottom
to allow free flow of water. You can also order planting material made
specifically for water gardens. I haven't used it, but I've heard it works
well, and you don't have to worry about introducing bad things to your pond that
way.

Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 06:20 PM
Planting Roses Cherylmdsharp Roses 2 31-03-2003 11:32 AM
Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas..... Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 8 26-03-2003 06:08 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM
Tree Planting in Housing Colony Nitin Madhavan Gardening 0 26-01-2003 11:05 AM