GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Giant Papyrus question. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/62129-giant-papyrus-question.html)

Dances With Ferrets 25-05-2004 04:02 AM

Giant Papyrus question.

I've had dwarf papyrus for years and have been thrilled with how
easily it has thrived and reproduced. All I had to do was lop a few
heads off an existing plant and plant the heads in wet potting soil,
and a new plant would spring forth from each head. My question
revolves around a giant papyrus plant that I've recently acquired. Do
they reproduce the same way that dwarf papyrus does; vivaparously? Is
giant papyrus vivaparous? (Say that ten times fast).

I'll look forward to replies.

how D 26-05-2004 06:04 AM

Giant Papyrus question.

Hi,
"Dances With Ferrets" wrote in message
om...
snips
Is giant papyrus vivaparous?

Yes the giant papyrus (Cyperus papyrus) is viviparous.
http://www.botany.com/cyperus.html
hth -_- how
to reply remember no NEWS is good

Dances With Ferrets 26-05-2004 03:02 PM

Giant Papyrus question.

"how D" wrote in message . ..
Hi,
"Dances With Ferrets" wrote in message
om...
snips
Is giant papyrus vivaparous?

Yes the giant papyrus (Cyperus papyrus) is viviparous.
http://www.botany.com/cyperus.html
hth -_- how
to reply remember no NEWS is good

Thanx :-) Good Link.