Old 03-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Paul A Brown

Default How to get rid of thousands of baby rudd?

Can anyone help?

We have a large pond with lots of koi and this year there are literally
thousands of tiny rudd. Is there a way to get rid of only those?

Thanks

Old 03-06-2004, 07:06 PM
George

"Paul A Brown" wrote in message
Can anyone help?

We have a large pond with lots of koi and this year there are literally
thousands of tiny rudd. Is there a way to get rid of only those?

Thanks

Put a catfish in there. He will keep your rudd population down.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Misty

" George" wrote in message

"Paul A Brown" wrote in message
Can anyone help?

We have a large pond with lots of koi and this year there are literally
thousands of tiny rudd. Is there a way to get rid of only those?

Thanks

Put a catfish in there. He will keep your rudd population down.

The Catfish will grow quickly and consume other fish as well!

Catch them and take them to a local lake/pond.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
George

"Misty" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message

"Paul A Brown" wrote in message
Can anyone help?

We have a large pond with lots of koi and this year there are literally
thousands of tiny rudd. Is there a way to get rid of only those?

Thanks

Put a catfish in there. He will keep your rudd population down.

The Catfish will grow quickly and consume other fish as well!

Catch them and take them to a local lake/pond.

The do grow quickly. However, if you have goldfish and/or koi, as long as the
catfish grows up with them, (in other words, as long as he isn't too big when
you put him in the pond with the rest of the fish), and you feed him regularly,
you shouldn't have a problem with him eating anything larger than his own mouth.
I have an albino channel catfish that is about 2 feet long that is in my pond
with 8 goldfish (only one is a full sized adult) 2 shibukans, and four koi. He
generally doesn't bother them, but will eat the babies. The only time he
bothers the other fish is at feeding time, and that is just to shoo them away
while I am feeding him. I feed the catfish at one end, while feeding the other
fish at the other end. It has worked pretty well. Just keep them separated
while you are feeding them. And keep them well fed.

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
Make Thousands Never anonymous Bud Ponds 2 24-02-2004 11:34 PM
Thousands of Snails Sue Walsh Ponds 6 21-08-2003 02:02 AM
BOYCOTT SCOTLAND SAY HOG ACTIVISTS Apr 26 2003 --- vote Steve Rudd PM Rodeo Clown United Kingdom 11 01-05-2003 12:56 PM
Would you all like to get rid of Gorgeous George? Could you get shot of Saddam at the same time Gorgeous George United Kingdom 0 22-03-2003 09:56 PM