Old 09-06-2004, 10:21 PM
invader

Default HELP PLEASE - Eggbound Pond Goldfish?

Can anyone help me, I have recently lost two large goldfish in my garden
pond. The water is perfect and all seems well in the pond but when I opened
up the last fish it was overflowing with eggs. I now have another
apparantly healthy fish following the same symptoms, very very fat and
drifting tail up but otherwise healthy and feeding, this happened to the
other two and they died within a week. They all bred very succesfully last
year and I have many young in the pond but this year I have not noticed the
males chasing and bumping the females as last year, I therefore conclude
after my amateur autopsy that the fish are becoming eggbound, is there
anything I can do?

Grateful for any assistance.

Regards

Bob

Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 AM
dkat

If you can post this in rec.pond . There are fish people there who can
answer your question quickly which I believe you need.

Eggbound Comet Eddie J. Ponds 3 07-09-2005 05:45 PM
Sick Goldfish - help please Sam Ponds 3 22-07-2005 04:15 PM
Pond goldfish always hiding -- Please Help googlefan Ponds 17 12-10-2004 10:33 PM
Pond goldfish always hiding -- Please Help googlefan Ponds 0 10-10-2004 06:02 AM
HELP PLEASE - Eggbound Pond Goldfish invader Ponds 1 10-06-2004 08:07 AM