GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Anhoring Pond Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/64577-anhoring-pond-plants.html)

Paul 15-06-2004 03:04 AM

Anhoring Pond Plants

Hi, does anyone have any tricks on how to keep taller marginal plants from
tipping over in the wind? Seems no matter
how much i weigh them down, they tip over. Also, what does it mean to
seperate plants after three years and is using regular soil any
good?..........Thanks................

SA 15-06-2004 04:05 PM

Anhoring Pond Plants

Had the same problem and use a bent, upturned wire coat-hanger to provide a
stable base ... seems to have worked. I bent thook straight and downwards so
that could stickin the soil with the 'arms' under the pot.

Brian Watson 15-06-2004 09:07 PM

Anhoring Pond Plants

"SA" wrote in message
. net...
Had the same problem and use a bent, upturned wire coat-hanger to provide

stable base ... seems to have worked. I bent thook straight and downwards

so
that could stickin the soil with the 'arms' under the pot.

Tipping over in wind is nature's way of saying "you're too tall."

Don't fight natural selection.

:-)

--
Brian
"When all about you is crumbling, when the arse is falling out of your