GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   frogs Pictures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/67406-frogs-pictures.html)

Cuk 27-06-2004 01:02 AM

frogs Pictures

This is one of my webpages http://www.frogs-watch.co.uk/index.html where I
have posted pictures of frogs in my garden pond.

I would be interested in any comments, Ideas on how to improve the site.

Mike Caine 28-06-2004 01:04 PM

frogs Pictures

Some of the thumbnails ore over 1/4 MB in size which makes the site
very slow

Cuk 28-06-2004 11:10 PM

frogs Pictures

I am hoping that the increse in access speeds will improve faster than my
webpage writing skills). When time permits I will reduce the size of the
thums and then I could probaley improve the speed more again if I tided up
the pre loader. thanks for your input Mike

Cuk 28-06-2004 11:10 PM

frogs Pictures

Its good to get some comments on the www.frogs-watch.co.uk webpage.

I have made the thumbs on the photo pages a lot smaller. Those pages are
should help also when the full size photos load.

Jim Carlock 04-07-2004 08:02 AM

frogs Pictures

Nice colors on your site. The guestbook page needs some work.
The blue text on the guestbook page isn't showing up well inside
of a FireFox browser.

The pages are loading up nice and quick in Tampa, FL. :-)

Very nice looking website. I don't think preloading images will
make a page load faster, it just makes the images present them-
selves all at once on the screen rather than one image at a time.

I have a question myself. I'm looking for perhaps a newsgroup
that deals with plants / botany / cover crops / gardening / et al.
If you know of any, pass it along and thanks!

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/

Cuk 04-07-2004 09:04 PM

frogs Pictures

Thanks for you comments

I will change the text on the guestbook page that's easy to do.

The intention with preloading images will be to make the actual photo pages
load faster. I can do this but I do not know if it will slow down the
thumbnail gallery pages.

As for plant newsgroups have you tried sic.bio.botany. my pond is a square,
apart from that I an trying to make it as natural as possible, saying that
the plants that I have in my pond except for the duck weed have come from
the garden centres or from friends, I would like to add some native plants
to my pond and then my WebPages but I have no idea at present what are
native or not.

how 05-07-2004 12:02 AM

frogs Pictures

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
.. .
snips
I have a question myself. I'm looking for perhaps a newsgroup
that deals with plants / botany / cover crops / gardening / et al.
If you know of any, pass it along and thanks!

Hi,
news:rec.gardens will work
L8R -_- how
no NEWS is good

Jim Carlock 05-07-2004 05:02 AM

frogs Pictures

Thanks for the links. I just learned that OE will scan all
newsgroup names and pick out all newsgroup names with
a certain word in them. Very nice.

I found a couple others as well. Most seem to be empty. I'll
post the most active ones in case anyone else is interested.

There seems to be a couple dedicated to individual states,
but they are empty currently (ie, no messages).

Thanks once again.

Jim Carlock 10-07-2004 06:03 PM

frogs Pictures

A picture of my frog... No pond, but I've got a frog in a tree.
:-)

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images/garden/frogie.gif