New Pond

Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
2pods

Default New Pond

Well, it nearly killed me, but I now have a raised pond.
(apart from the disaster with the liner when the rocks holding the liner
fell in and holed it doh !)

It's rectangular, made from sleepers which are lined them 'cos they were
full of creosote.
However, we're about to top it off with some wood, but I'm at a loss at how
to treat it.
Can't use creosote as we want fish, don't know about cuprinol ?

The top wood would never touch the water, but I'm worried about run off from
rain, pond overflow etc

Peter

Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Lostin1999

"2pods" wrote in message
Well, it nearly killed me, but I now have a raised pond.
(apart from the disaster with the liner when the rocks holding the liner
fell in and holed it doh !)

It's rectangular, made from sleepers which are lined them 'cos they were
full of creosote.
However, we're about to top it off with some wood, but I'm at a loss at

how
to treat it.
Can't use creosote as we want fish, don't know about cuprinol ?

The top wood would never touch the water, but I'm worried about run off

from
rain, pond overflow etc

Peter

I used tanalised decking (pressure treated) so no problems with any of this,
also if you put it on with screws and do it properly you can take it off to
treat then put it back once dry

for pictures go to
http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

they show how far ive got, but its (as always) a work in progress..

HTH

Lost

Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
2pods

I used tanalised decking (pressure treated) so no problems with any of

this,
also if you put it on with screws and do it properly you can take it off

treat then put it back once dry

for pictures go to
http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

they show how far ive got, but its (as always) a work in progress..

HTH

Lost

Hi
Nice pond :-)
I'm wondering what to treat the top with ?

Peter

Old 08-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Lostin1999

"2pods" wrote in message

I used tanalised decking (pressure treated) so no problems with any of

this,
also if you put it on with screws and do it properly you can take it off

treat then put it back once dry

for pictures go to
http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

they show how far ive got, but its (as always) a work in progress..

HTH

Lost

Hi
Nice pond :-)
I'm wondering what to treat the top with ?

Peter

with it being tanalised its good for (10 years on the wood I bought) years
as is.. however you can get "decking oil" or teak oil and id always use
that (and let it dry away from the pond for a few days.. then put back on
and all will be fine)

HTH

Lost

Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 AM
George

"2pods" wrote in message
[...]

Similar to mine:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/pond/pond.htm

Enjoy.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 AM
George

"2pods" wrote in message

I used tanalised decking (pressure treated) so no problems with any of

this,
also if you put it on with screws and do it properly you can take it off

treat then put it back once dry

for pictures go to
http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

they show how far ive got, but its (as always) a work in progress..

HTH

Lost

Hi
Nice pond :-)
I'm wondering what to treat the top with ?

Peter

If you have to treat it, use Thompson's Water Seal. It has no heavy metals
(like hexavalent chromium - a real no no), and when dry, is non-toxic.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:03 PM
2pods

" George" wrote in message
. ..

"2pods" wrote in message

If you have to treat it, use Thompson's Water Seal. It has no heavy

metals
(like hexavalent chromium - a real no no), and when dry, is non-toxic.

Thanks George

I'll look out for it

Peter

Old 27-04-2011, 07:47 PM

Its really painful sometimes to build a good pond for your house or in some good place. Sometimes all things go wrong and it creates lots of problems like pumps are not working, problem with liners, problems with filter. But when it completes its give so much relaxation at the end.
Pond Filter

Pond Newbie need urgent help!!! John Ponds 9 15-11-2006 05:59 AM
The 'Aquascape System' has the be the WORST pond system outthere ~ jan Ponds 14 15-11-2006 05:26 AM
farm pond help! Eddie Ponds 1 31-03-2003 05:56 AM
Pond development update (longish) and a question Tony Sanders Ponds 1 26-03-2003 10:20 PM
Hello Group Cam Ponds 31 19-03-2003 04:08 AM