Old 11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Scott M.

Default Raccoon problem - multiple messages

Sorry for the multiple posts, but Outlook Express kept telling me that the
message could not be sent for some reason.

Scott

Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 AM
dkat

If I go to outbox and then send it sometimes eliminates this problem.

Now on to the real issue - what is the shape of your pond? Raccoons can't
fish in a pond that has sides that go straight down... Kingfishers on the
other hand will happily scoop up a fish the moment the fish comes to the
surface. Herons are also more adapt at getting at fish. Are you sure your
fish are gone? Fish if bothered by a predator will hide out for some time.
Even though raccoons can't get to my fish unless the fish swim up to them,
they can do their best to do so. I can tell a raccoon has been around
because my fish are in hiding and the lily pads that were within reach of
the edge of the pond have been ripped apart. I have been surprised at how
well and for how long they can hide out. Unless your pond is crystal clear
and there is no shelter for them I would not give up on them yet... speaking
of which - another good thing you can do for your fish is to give them caves
to hide in. As I said, I have my sides going straight down. To have my
plants close enough to the surface I put storage crates upside down (these
are the ones you get that are stackable and have one side lower than the
other three...). Fish swim in and hide when threatened and it works nicely.

raccoon problems cr Ponds 6 16-05-2019 06:15 AM
Raccoon problem Scott M. Ponds (alternative) 3 27-07-2004 03:58 AM
Raccoon problem Scott M. Ponds (alternative) 0 17-07-2004 12:03 AM
'Server problem' gone with emptying and restoring messages Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 0 26-08-2003 05:04 AM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM