Old 08-08-2004, 08:18 AM
asiggy

Default Bog Plants

Hello out there

Can anyone suggest some suitable plants for a marshy area at the side of the
pond? preferably something that will trail into the water. Bearing in mind
that I live in the north of England by the sea, so it must be frost
tollerant and also be able to cope with some salt in the air.

Thanks

Andrew

Old 08-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Brian Watson

"asiggy" wrote in message
Hello out there

Can anyone suggest some suitable plants for a marshy area at the side of

the
pond? preferably something that will trail into the water. Bearing in mind
that I live in the north of England by the sea, so it must be frost
tollerant and also be able to cope with some salt in the air.

I'm in Cambridgeshire, but find acorus, sagittaria and rheum (real rhubarb,
not the one usually sold as a marginal/bog plant) all work well in the
shallows.

Gert the DG Hessayon "Rock and Water Garden Expert" book for other
suggestions.
--
Brian
Sig: I have nothing to say

Old 09-08-2004, 02:09 AM
dkat

Sedum, flag (variegated is nice), many irises (NOT bearded! - Siberian,
Louisiana), mint (but it will have to be weeded on occasion - I have
chocolate by the pond and it is easy to manage), chameleon plant (my
favorite)
http://henryfields.com/item_disp.asp...282&EID=GHF416 .

Bog Plants Brian Watson United Kingdom 0 08-08-2004 06:29 PM
Free: Umbrella plants, for bog or water garden Russell Texas 3 22-05-2004 03:05 AM
wintering bog plants *muffin* Ponds 1 11-09-2003 12:23 AM
Bog Plants - deer resistant? Ken and Nancy Quantock Ponds 3 27-06-2003 05:44 PM
Bog Plants - deer resistant? Ken and Nancy Quantock Ponds (alternative) 1 30-03-2003 09:08 AM