GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Goldfish Fighting? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/84034-goldfish-fighting.html)

Quilljar 24-09-2004 03:48 PM

Goldfish Fighting?

I am in Southern England and have a small pond about ten feet by five. It
contains about five or six goldfish about six inches long. Today, three of
them have started chasing one another around and even across the surface,
seeming quite violent. Can anyone explain what is going on?

San Diego Joe 24-09-2004 04:50 PM

"Quilljar" wrote:

I am in Southern England and have a small pond about ten feet by five. It
contains about five or six goldfish about six inches long. Today, three of
them have started chasing one another around and even across the surface,
seeming quite violent. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Seems kind of late in the year, but they could be spawning.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.