Old 25-11-2004, 10:43 AM
A:H

Default algae bloom ??

Hello
I'am danich so please have patience whit my English speling:

I wonder if this chod be right ???
have your try this!
I Think at the vinegar is taking the mucous !
When i prepared fisch to dinner I swap them in vinegar so the mucous go
away!

vinegar 1 decilitre and ½ litre atamon (atamon use that in jam so that
can hold longer! dont now the name on englich)
per. 6000 litre!

I wil love to hear what you do abot the long green algae in your pond!

http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koi_dammen.htm
regards from dk
Annette

Old 28-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Morten

Hi Annette

"A:H" ah@dk wrote in message
. ..
Hello
I'am danich so please have patience whit my English speling:

So am I :-)

I wonder if this chod be right ???
have your try this!
I Think at the vinegar is taking the mucous !
When i prepared fisch to dinner I swap them in vinegar so the mucous go
away!

Removing the mucous layer on the fishes is a very bad idea, unless you want
to eay them that is. The nucous layer is a protecting layer on the fish that
keeps bacteria and other harfull agents outside the fish, remove the mucous
and the fish will die because of serious bacteria infection in no time.

vinegar 1 decilitre and ½ litre atamon (atamon use that in jam so that
can hold longer! dont now the name on englich)
per. 6000 litre!

The vinegar wont change anything in that ratio, the natural buffer capacity
of the 6000 liters of water would easily cope with 0.1 liter of vinegar! The
Atamon on the other hand is a strong anti bacterial agent which very like
would kill your filter in no time, and without a working filter your amonia
and nitrite values would go through the roof in no time and kill the fish.
Ammonia is very harmfull to fish and so is nitrite (to a lesser degree, but
will still kill the fish over time), so I wouldnt recommend to add any anti
bacterial agents to your pond...

If you get a fish with a bacteria infection, catch is and put it onto a
quarantine tank and treat it there, first step would be to add salt to the
water, that would cause the fish to increase its mucous layer to prevent
further infection and give the poor fish a chance to fight is off by
itselfe. It also helps to add some Melafix (tea tree oil) to the tank, that
has strong antibacterial properties as well and wont har the fish / filter.

If that doesn't work, then you can try to treat the tank with antibacterial
agents.

Long story short: Don't add Atamon to your pond it will kill your filter...

What are your water parameters?

I wil love to hear what you do abot the long green algae in your pond!

Remove it mannualy, or add enough plants to your pond that will eat the
ammonia, nitrite and nitrate that the green algae thrives on...

Vegetable filters are great for that reason...

http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koi_dammen.htm
regards from dk
Annette

Regards

Morten

---

Old 28-11-2004, 10:04 PM
A:H

Long story short: Don't add Atamon to your pond it will kill your
filter...

What are your water parameters?

I wil love to hear what you do abot the long green algae in your pond!

Remove it mannualy, or add enough plants to your pond that will eat the
ammonia, nitrite and nitrate that the green algae thrives on...

Vegetable filters are great for that reason...

http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koi_dammen.htm
regards from dk
Annette

Regards

Morten

Hey Morten

I dont have long green algae, I use White powder every day 10 gr to 1000 l
then i have a large pump 30.000 l/ hour;

I just read that whit the vinegar 1 decilitre and ½ litre atamon and I dont
understand et i will be right, to use that ind the koi pond!
I have taken tests in my pond yesterday the pond is 40.000 l
they said
Hannac203 test http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/hannac203.htm
dissolved oxygen 9,2
Ammoniak 0,02
Nitrit 0,00
Nitrat 1,9
PH. 8,1
The filter has be stop in 3 week now. there is onlu air pump 5500 L/Hour

Annette