Old 21-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Wildkarrde

Default Wow, lots of trash here...

Amazing how much garbage is in this particular newsgroup. That is in
comparison to a couple of the others. These lonely girl ads, penis
enlargement ads, and pron get pretty tiresome to say the least. Sigh

Old 24-02-2005, 04:41 PM

Welcome to the lovely world of the internet. Call it part of the
price we pay for being able to post anonymously. Safe and secure for
us, but unfortunately it also opens the door for any a**hole spammer to
anonymously post this garbage to try to make money off of gullible
internet newbies. Blame it more on ignorance than on the spammers
really. If there wasn't money to be made by those annoying ad-posts,
they wouldn't do it.... for every thousand people that ignore the spam
posts, there are a few who read the ad, believe the message, and
purchase the product. Even worse, it costs the spammers nothing more
than the price of an internet connection and a few minutes of their own
time. It has been proposed before that If the newsgroups charged a
small per-post-fee, it would be a bit irritating for us, but they (the
spammers) would think twice about indiscriminately posting their
messages, due to the cost, and they would be forced to target their
advertising more carefully to newsgroups that are pertinent to their
advertised product. Either that, or ban all ignorant people from using
the internet, I don't forsee either solution happening any time soon.

Old 28-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Wildkarrde

Yeah I know. It's amazing. What amazes me more is the number of people
that they hook with their garbage too. wow
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

On viewing trash and degradation Bill[_13_] Gardening 1 09-04-2009 01:45 AM
WOW......sure is lots of posts from Koi-Lo Koi-Lo Ponds 0 25-04-2006 03:29 AM
Wow. Just WOW. Lilly Ponds 17 24-07-2005 07:17 PM
Nettles - lots & lots Rick United Kingdom 24 21-05-2005 06:33 PM
bunch plants act like trash collectors SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 07:16 AM