GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   PVC CEMENT FOR FLEX PIPE (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/91550-pvc-cement-flex-pipe.html)

Mike 28-03-2005 08:37 PM

PVC CEMENT FOR FLEX PIPE

Can I use Oatey All purpose PVC cement for 1.5" flex pvc hose for my pond or
do I need to find cement specifically for flex pvc?

Thanks,

Mike

azurefox 23-04-2005 04:49 PM

Mike wrote:
Can I use Oatey All purpose PVC cement for 1.5" flex pvc hose for my

pond or
do I need to find cement specifically for flex pvc?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I recently used PVC cement to glue flex hose to fix a broken PVC pipe.
It worked, but it seemed to take a lot longer to set up than when used
on solid PVC pipe. I have used PVC cement before and after it sets, it
makes a good solid bond.

Floyd