GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   barley in pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/91862-barley-pond.html)

Karen Schuh 03-04-2005 06:32 PM

barley in pond

And how often do you change this barley concoction?

Karen

Two and a Half 03-04-2005 08:00 PM

I normally do it every year when cleaning the pond out ready for winter....
its when the barley straw starts to rot that it begins to get rid of the
algae

[email protected] 02-05-2005 12:01 AM

i purchased a laguna brand barley mix and use half a bag a year. i
don't change it through the season. it works surprisingly well.