Old 30-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Steve

Default Need Help

We bought a 165 gal pond from Lowe's to upgrade from our 90 gallon pond. I
didn't realize at the time we have a "drainage lip" on one side that goes
down about two inches. This feature will not allow us to fill our pond
close to the rim. What Id like to do is somehow put some liner or another
material over it and caulk/glue it so that I might fill the pond higher.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this ???????

Thanks

Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Two and a Half

Steve

Depending on how wide the lipped edge is, it might be better to use a piece
of shaped wood and a fix it to the outside of the pond lipped edge, this
might give added strength in case it later gets stepped on. Then using a
piece of pond liner and some black aquatic glue to fix it to the pond basin
and to the wood.

You must use aquatic glue a good brand is "Gold label pond aquarium sealant"
if you use other non aquarium sealant you risk poisoning your fish or risk
having to reseal it year on year. The gold label is a bit pricey but its
worth doing it well, as once this stuff sets it wont budge. Be careful and
dont get it on you hands as it pain in the a** to get off and if you get it
on your clothes forget it!

Best of luck

Craig