Old 19-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Wilf Baker

Default Azola Fairy Moss

I have been given some Azola Fairy Moss but a friend as told be not to put
it in the pond and put it in the dustbin. I have goldfish and Kio in the
pond. What should I do with it.?

Old 20-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Rodney Pont

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:33:09 GMT, Wilf Baker wrote:

I have been given some Azola Fairy Moss but a friend as told be not to put
it in the pond and put it in the dustbin. I have goldfish and Kio in the
pond. What should I do with it.?

Use your own discression :-)
It's rampant and neither Goldfish nor Koi will eat it. I would put it
into the dustbin. On the other hand if you have an algae problem it
will help starve the algae of nutrients and you can keep fishing it out
for the compost heap.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 31-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Pont
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:33:09 GMT, Wilf Baker wrote:

I have been given some Azola Fairy Moss but a friend as told be not to put
it in the pond and put it in the dustbin. I have goldfish and Kio in the
pond. What should I do with it.?

Use your own discression :-)
It's rampant and neither Goldfish nor Koi will eat it. I would put it
into the dustbin. On the other hand if you have an algae problem it
will help starve the algae of nutrients and you can keep fishing it out
for the compost heap.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
I have used Fairy Moss in my pond but I say that it helped control algae because my goldfish ate every bit of the fairy moss. I have found that gold fish and koi love to eat the moss.I would put it in the pond,you can always remove the extra(doubt it will be aproblem)
Old 31-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Registered User

[...]

PLEASE, I need azola for postage!!! jammer Ponds 1 12-01-2005 12:20 PM
Azola to give away news.pcisys.net Ponds 1 28-07-2004 06:15 AM
Azola to give away Heather Ponds 8 27-07-2004 09:02 PM
Pond Temp and Duckweed, Azola Heather Ponds 4 16-07-2004 09:02 AM
Pond Temp and Duckweed, Azola Heather Ponds 7 10-07-2004 04:03 AM