Old 19-03-2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default spring work ~ what do you need to do this year?

lets see if this works. I signed up with reader.greatnowhere.com.
configured it with outlook express to get it to work since my agent 1.5 wont
download new groups...pffft.

anyway. what I like about my veggie filter is all the clean up is done in
fall and it and I am just waiting for it to get warm enough to put in the
plants. the water is now 58oF and the piggies want their food. Ingrid

"~ jan" wrote in message
Worked on the lily pond today. In the past I would drain it out completely
and suck the muck out and refill. I found that not only was it a great
waste of water, but then I had pH problems and getting the water balanced
again. So today I used the shop vac on the bottom and shelves. While it
drained I trimmed dead stuff off the marginals.

Many of the plants will need dividing, hopefully not too many of the

lilies
this year.

The main goal is to get a barrel filter connected, which requires ordering
the parts and digging a BIG hole for it. It will only be a 2 barrel

filter,
rather than 4 like the koi ponds.

I'll also have to trim the fish load in the koi ponds that I've yet to

take
the screens off of and start the filter. I was hoping to do that this
weekend, but they're predicting cooler temps again mid-week, so maybe next
weekend.

Marsh Marigold also about to burst into bloom. :-) ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 20-03-2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:30:36 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

lets see if this works. I signed up with reader.greatnowhere.com.
configured it with outlook express to get it to work since my agent 1.5 wont
download new groups...pffft.

anyway. what I like about my veggie filter is all the clean up is done in
fall and it and I am just waiting for it to get warm enough to put in the
plants. the water is now 58oF and the piggies want their food. Ingrid

My barrels filters are also cleaned in the fall, but currently the lily
pond doesn't have one, pooey. :-( ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
spring work ~ what do you need to do this year? Reel McKoi Ponds (moderated) 2 21-03-2007 02:26 PM
starting spring work kathy Ponds 6 13-03-2005 08:46 PM
spring pond work Ka30P Ponds 30 09-03-2004 04:13 AM
spring pond work Ka30P Ponds 0 07-03-2004 11:19 PM