GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   New pond owner needs help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/155646-new-pond-owner-needs-help.html)

~ jan[_2_] 24-03-2007 08:28 PM

New pond owner needs help- air

Let's add another little tidbit here. The importance of your filter getting
O2 (oxygen).

If one is having water quality issues, sometimes air added to the filter
makes the bacteria grow and therefore work better. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

~ jan[_2_] 24-03-2007 08:29 PM

New pond owner needs help

~ jan wrote:

Since this thread is talking about airstones/pumps, I thought I'd add that
one can make a cheap air stone with some of that leaky hose for drip
irrigation. ~ jan

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:01:15 CST, Stephen Henning wrote:

The drip hose floats and the pumped air squirts into the atmospherw not
the pond. What do you use to keep the drip hose sunk?

It's called hi-tech.... a rock. ;-)

Actually I don't use them in my pond, though my son has used it at times in
aquariums, he used the gravel to hold it down. We did use a loop in the
D.pond one winter, we used a hi-tech heavy-0ld-sprinkler. ;-) I decided the
bubbles were too fine, so the last 2 winters we've done open tubing which
makes the bubbles boil the surface. More effective. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State