Old 22-03-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default So how does the moderation work?

Do our posts get approved before they appear, or are troublemakers just
filtered out somehow?

Just wondering.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 22-03-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Gareee© wrote:
Do our posts get approved before they appear, or are troublemakers just
filtered out somehow?

Just wondering.

Hi Gareee,

Nice to see you here. The following link gives details of the charter
and modertion policy:-

http://readystump.algebra.com/~rponds/

If you have any further questions please feel free to email the
Moderation Team at the following address:-

Gill

Old 22-03-2007, 11:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Gareee© wrote:
Do our posts get approved before they appear, or are troublemakers
just filtered out somehow?

Just wondering.

And to answer your question, yes, there is software moderation, and real
live mods, so posts take a while to appear.
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 23-03-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

thanks. I was just curious more then anything else. Long as we have a safe
topical place to post and get replies, I'm good..

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 23-03-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Looked at the info.. very well laid out. Too bad we can;t attach binary
pics, but ya can't have everything I guess...LOL

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 23-03-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Nigel Sixsmith" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:27:24 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

Looked at the info.. very well laid out. Too bad we can;t attach binary
pics, but ya can't have everything I guess...LOL

You can always post pics to binary group such as alt.binaries.test and
then post the Msg id here to link to them.

An example would be;

(My 'stang)

....or. of course. you can put them up on one of the many free websites
and post a link to them here too.

True,. but it's much easier to just post with an attachment.. it's not like
this group will have such a huge binary load like say, alt.binaries.dvd or
something like that, with gigs of daily posts

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 23-03-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
Gill Passman wrote:

Gareee© wrote:
Do our posts get approved before they appear, or are troublemakers just
filtered out somehow?

Just wondering.

Hi Gareee,

Nice to see you here. The following link gives details of the charter
and modertion policy:-

http://readystump.algebra.com/~rponds/

If you have any further questions please feel free to email the
Moderation Team at the following address:-

Gill

Interesting. I get all my groups through a paid news service (GigaNews)
and view everything like I have for a zillion years with all the other
newsgroups. Never have seen anyone also do their own hosted group that
posts (I'm assuming) simultaneously on Usenet.
Great newsgroup. Love my pond and you seem to have knowledgeable folks
up here.

Old 23-03-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Kurt wrote:

Interesting. I get all my groups through a paid news service (GigaNews)
and view everything like I have for a zillion years with all the other
newsgroups. Never have seen anyone also do their own hosted group that
posts (I'm assuming) simultaneously on Usenet.

That's what's known as "gating" - I'm not sure how many mail-lists are gated
to Big-8 Usenet groups, but it's pretty common with private news servers
(like support lists for many software publishers).

That's not what happens here. When you submit a post to your news server,
it gets diverted to an email address (or you can just send email direct to
that address, which I forget...). We check it and approve or reject. When
it's approved, it gets submitted to a special news server that ensures we
have the authority to post, then propagates to the rest of the world.
--
derek

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
So how does the moderation work? [email protected] Ponds (moderated) 6 23-03-2007 07:50 PM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:41 PM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:39 PM