Old 22-03-2007, 09:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default So how does the moderation work?

You can go here for all the information you need ~
_http://readystump.algebra.com/%7Erponds/Policy.txt_
(http://readystump.algebra.com/~rponds/Policy.txt)
There is an address at the bottom if you want to discuss
the policy.

kathy :-)
part of the moderation team

Old 23-03-2007, 09:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Could the moderation software transform multipart/alternative into
text/plain only?

I still use a client that doesn't support mime but that shouldn't be a
problem since this is a text only newsgroup.

I never noticed those before in rec.ponds, but that might have been
because in-transit news server were silently transforming them for me
before.

This is how the post looks to me:

wrote:

-------------------------------1174596125

You can go here for all the information you need ~
_http://readystump.algebra.com/%7Erponds/Policy.txt_
(http://readystump.algebra.com/~rponds/Policy.txt)
There is an address at the bottom if you want to discuss
the policy.

kathy :-)
part of the moderation team

-------------------------------1174596125

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3059" name=GENERATOR/HEAD
BODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"
bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 topMargin=7 rightMargin=7FONT id=role_document
face=Arial color=#000000 size=2
DIVYou can go here for all the information you need ~/DIV
DIVA
href="http://readystump.algebra.com/%7Erponds/Policy.txt"
http://readystump.algebra.com/%7Erponds/Policy.txt/A/DIV
DIVThere is an address at the bottom if you want to discuss/DIV
DIVthe policy./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVkathy :-)/DIV
DIVpart of the moderation team/DIV/FONTBRBRBRDIVFONT
style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"HR
style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px"AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find
out more about what's free from AOL at A
title="http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339"
href="http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339"
target="_blank"BAOL.com/B/A. /FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

-------------------------------1174596125--

Old 23-03-2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

Could the moderation software transform multipart/alternative into
text/plain only?

I still use a client that doesn't support mime but that shouldn't be a
problem since this is a text only newsgroup.

I never noticed those before in rec.ponds, but that might have been
because in-transit news server were silently transforming them for me
before.

It probably could, but it doesn't :-(

I'm not sure if it's advisable - I much prefer to ask people simply to tell
their news programs not to post HTML.
--
derek

Old 23-03-2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hugo Villeneuve wrote:
Could the moderation software transform multipart/alternative into
text/plain only?

I still use a client that doesn't support mime but that shouldn't be a
problem since this is a text only newsgroup.

I never noticed those before in rec.ponds, but that might have been
because in-transit news server were silently transforming them for me
before.

HTML is prohibited in part C03 of the group's charter. I'm not sure why
one of the moderators is using it, and why HTML posts are being allowed
through. I sometimes use a client that can't read HTML too.

--
My other fish and pond forum is:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Old 23-03-2007, 07:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:05:51 CST, Altum wrote:

HTML is prohibited in part C03 of the group's charter. I'm not sure why
one of the moderators is using it, and why HTML posts are being allowed
through. I sometimes use a client that can't read HTML too.

My guess (and I hope it isn't me) is, 1) they don't know that they are,
and/or, 2) they're still having to post using e-mail as their ISP or google
hasn't picked it up yet. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 23-03-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:05:51 CST, Altum wrote:

HTML is prohibited in part C03 of the group's charter. I'm not sure why
one of the moderators is using it, and why HTML posts are being allowed
through. I sometimes use a client that can't read HTML too.

My guess (and I hope it isn't me) is, 1) they don't know that they are,
and/or, 2) they're still having to post using e-mail as their ISP or
google
hasn't picked it up yet. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

=============================
They can set their e-mail client to "plain text."
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
So how does the moderation work? Gareee© Ponds (moderated) 10 23-03-2007 03:45 PM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:41 PM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:39 PM