Old 23-03-2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Indoor Pond

Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

Old 23-03-2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Shrike! wrote:

Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

It tends to cause fairly serious issues with humidity. As long as you're
prepared to handle that and lower lighting levels, it's just like building
an outdoor pond, without the ice :-)
--
derek

Old 23-03-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

yes. http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/VF/veggie_filter.html
the easiest way to do an indoor pond is with a preformed stock water tanks
and then build around it. I plan to make another pond in my basement as
soon as I can get all the stuff out of the basement (mother died, all her
stuff ended up in our basement and she was a "collector"). Ingrid

Old 23-03-2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:44:42 CST, "Shrike!" wrote:

Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

I've view many on the net that are above ground, built in pre-existing
buildings/houses. Then I've seen on pond tours houses built just for the in
ground ponds, and houses built around the pond. Some amazing things money
can buy. ;-) If there is a pond club in your area, you ought to check it
out. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 23-03-2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:44:42 CST, "Shrike!" wrote:

Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

Go to google, click on images, type in Indoor Koi Pond. Now some of them
have nothing to do with indoor ponds, so you'll just have to click thru,
there are some amazing ones thru out the choices. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 23-03-2007, 07:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Shrike! wrote:
Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

This one is nice

http://www.lonestarkoi.com/Photos/Gr...d%20Inside.jpg

Old 23-03-2007, 07:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Shrike!" wrote in message
Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

My aunt had a small pond (wood frame,
liner) that wasn't indoors, but it was on her
deck just outside her living room. I would
think that sort of arranagement - a deck or
even a covered patio or sun room - might
work and would avoid the humidity issues
Derek mentioned.

Gail
near San Antonio TX

Old 23-03-2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"©anadian Ponder" " wrote in message
.com...
Shrike! wrote:
Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

This one is nice

http://www.lonestarkoi.com/Photos/Gr...d%20Inside.jpg

=====================
Beautiful. It looks like a converted swimming pool...... beautiful none the
less.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 23-03-2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Shrike!" wrote in message
Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

My aunt had a small pond (wood frame,
liner) that wasn't indoors, but it was on her
deck just outside her living room. I would
think that sort of arranagement - a deck or
even a covered patio or sun room - might
work and would avoid the humidity issues
Derek mentioned.

====================
I had one on the side deck outside and under the bedroom window. One night
of lovelorn frog calls and it was moved. ;-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 23-03-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

NOW THAT IS MORE LIKE IT. That is exactly what I want. We bought a duplex
across the alley and down a bit from us.
http://weloveteaching.com/woodward/w...ownstairs.html
It is so high up on the hill that from the upstairs window we can see Lake
Michigan over the top of the trees. And there is a third floor, a full
height attic. We are planning on finishing the third floor, install an
elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors http://tinyurl.com/cprzu and build a pond
in the back yard with a greenhouse over it. It has this delicious full
south sun exposure the sun just pours down onto the back yard. And THAT is
the pond and greenhouse I want!!!!
Then we move over there and rent our current house!! Ingrid

Old 24-03-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:45:51 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

NOW THAT IS MORE LIKE IT. That is exactly what I want. We bought a duplex
across the alley and down a bit from us.
http://weloveteaching.com/woodward/w...ownstairs.html
It is so high up on the hill that from the upstairs window we can see Lake
Michigan over the top of the trees. And there is a third floor, a full
height attic. We are planning on finishing the third floor, install an
elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors http://tinyurl.com/cprzu and build a pond
in the back yard with a greenhouse over it. It has this delicious full
south sun exposure the sun just pours down onto the back yard. And THAT is
the pond and greenhouse I want!!!!
Then we move over there and rent our current house!! Ingrid

Cool elevator. I hope you can make this happen Ingrid, the sooner the
better. :-) ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

Old 24-03-2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

©anadian Ponder wrote:

This one is nice

http://www.lonestarkoi.com/Photos/Gr...d%20Inside.jpg

Wow! That's to die for. Maybe when I win the lottery. ;-)

--
My other fish and pond forum is:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Old 24-03-2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
©anadian Ponder " wrote:

Shrike! wrote:
Has anyone ever built an indoor pond?

This one is nice

http://www.lonestarkoi.com/Photos/Gr...d%20Inside.jpg

Looks like a converted swimming pool.
Now that I think about it, have second thoughts about demo'ing the pool
that came with our house. Besides having been filled it with sand and
gravel (but no drainage holes were punched), The entire L shaped pool
was almost all 8 ft deep. Lot of water and maintenance!

Old 24-03-2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Kurt wrote:

Looks like a converted swimming pool.
Now that I think about it, have second thoughts about demo'ing the pool
that came with our house. Besides having been filled it with sand and
gravel (but no drainage holes were punched), The entire L shaped pool
was almost all 8 ft deep. Lot of water and maintenance!

Well I guess you could always swim with the fish ;-).....I would be
struggling as to whether to use it as a swimming pool or a pond ...now
of course, looking at the thing, maybe they have both (I'm talking the
one in the pic)......but who am I to make this assumption.....

Gill

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

White Film on Indoor Pond Liner manzara Ponds 2 15-01-2004 12:42 AM
indoor pond plants John Rutz Ponds 7 23-11-2003 05:32 PM
Huge Indoor Pond Tubs? Kodiak Ponds 11 30-09-2003 05:42 PM
Help request: Designing above ground indoor pond Gary Ponds 7 15-04-2003 08:32 PM
Suggestions for indoor school lobby pond? Mr CDW Ponds 3 23-03-2003 01:08 AM