GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   How Old is your Pond? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/155768-re-how-old-your-pond.html)

[email protected] 23-03-2007 04:09 PM

How Old is your Pond?

I'm guessing about ten years old. It's a 3,000 gallon lined
pond. Thickness? ak! Will have to ask DH but being an
engineer he probably got one of the thicker liners. He
okays stuff for nuclear power plants so he tends to go
a bit overboard... ;-)

Reel McKoi 23-03-2007 05:07 PM

How Old is your Pond?

wrote in message ...
I'm guessing about ten years old. It's a 3,000 gallon lined
pond. Thickness? ak! Will have to ask DH but being an
engineer he probably got one of the thicker liners. He
okays stuff for nuclear power plants so he tends to go
a bit overboard... ;-)
===================================
The heaviest liners back then that we found were 60 mils. That's probably
what you have. We got the heaviest hoping it would last the rest of our
lives.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

~ jan[_2_] 23-03-2007 06:30 PM

How Old is your Pond?

12 years here. 45 mil EPDM. If sun light has anything to do with life span,
my koi ponds will last more than 20 years, due to the shade they get from
the house most of the time.... unless we remodel them before that. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State